French Toast Souffle
Servings: 12 Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 1 hour
This brunch dish is easier to make than it sounds, but just as delicious. You need to make it the night before and then it is ready to bake the next morning.
• 16 slice(s) hearty white bread
• 8 oz cream cheese
• 8 egg(s)
• 1 1/2 cup(s) milk, 2%
• cup(s) half n half
• 2 cup(s) maple syrup, divided
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 2 tbsp confectioners sugar
1. Cube slices of hearty white bread into one inch pieces.
2. Coat a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add 4 eggs, beat well, add the other 4 eggs and continue to beat. Add milk, half n half, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture over bread, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove casserole dish from fridge and let it stand at room temp for 30 minutes. Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour or until set. Make sure it is cooked through and not mushy inside.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.